The purpose of the Guidelines for the Development of Joint Qualification is to set out the framework to develop new or revise existing joint qualification at upper-secondary level of education. The guide sets out to describe the structure and scope of the joint qualification for a particular profession and provide tips/recommendations to secure the appropriateness of particular international qualification. This document outlines the four stages of developing qualifications up to their approval.
These guidelines are developed within the Erasmus+ project ImproVET and should serve as a reference document for organizations drafting joint qualifications, especially for quality assessment.
The framework defines the parameters within which joint qualifications can be designed. Specifically, it proposes:
- Instructions for analysis - provide reference points against which joint qualifications can be benchmarked and defined
- The key steps to be taken
- The structure, level and credit requirements for qualification.
- How to enable a common understanding of the characteristics and achievements under the qualification
- Basis for quality assurance during design process
- Framework for the stakeholders - organizations and groups that will be responsible for activities